10 Jun 2011

Art Project Ideas!

So now that I'm into my third year in High School, my art class has started it's first Design project. This year, you have to create either a hat or shoe that encorporates a city of your choice. At first I was thinking along the lines of everybody else: New York, Las Vegas, London. Until I remember an America's Next Top Model I had once watched when they had a photoshoot in Venice. 

When I got home, I researched the episode, and found that rather than hats, the models had huge hair, and had been dressed to look like Victorian ladies. I'm pretty sure I could turn their hair design into a hat design, with it's curvacious lines and big volume. I carried on with my research, and happened upon the Venice Carnival, which takes place every year. The costumes are incredible, and they'd look incredible along with my Victorian lady idea. 

If you are wondering what on earth I am talking about, here are a few pictures that have inspired my hat design. Enjoy! (p.s. I'll keep you posted on how the project goes - let's hope my hat isn't a total disaster, huh:L?)





No comments:

Post a Comment