2 Jul 2011

The Wishes of a Mirror

I've been working on a novel for quite a while now, and I haven't had much time to write any shorter stories for my blog - sorry about that, by the way. I have decided to post one of the poems I wrote at my week away for the Pushkin Prize. Hope you like it!


The Wishes of a Mirror


Faces pass like cars on a highway.
A blur of identical shapes -
never standing still long enough, for the picture to form
completely.

For once, I wish to see more than this.
More than insignificant shells, passing
ony my silvery skin.

Instead, I want to see minds.
Hear souls' voices.
Examine hearts.
I wish to see past the fakery:
see more than lies. 


______________________________


In other news, my friend's Surpise Leaving Party was a success - that's Emma, who's leaving for Heriots after the summer. I'm seriously confused about the whole Loretto thing: Do I chose this amazing opportunity over my best friend, Megan, who'll have to face Dalkeith High on her own? I know she'd hate me for leaving her, but the school is really interested and we're going to visit next week... My Mum is set on my going, but I know my friends will hate me for it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thats such a good poem! What's ur novel about?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you:L! Erm, it's a bit complicated... It's like twenty-first century witches and Witch Hunters:L?

    ReplyDelete