12 Nov 2011

Writer's Block.

No stories today.
No nothing.
Actually, this probably won't even last long enough for me to hit the Preview button.
You know why?
Because I'm stuck.

Don't you hate that? I certainly do. It's like your entire brain is filled with murky mist: no matter how bright an idea in your head, there is no way your going to be able to see it properly through the fog. So you have to wait it out. Twiddle your thumbs and think silly thoughts until, finally, the mist lifts and you're fingers can start flying across your faithful keyboard once more.

So I'm not going to write you a story today, or post a poem, today I'm going to ramble.
And most probably rant.
Because otherwise I'd have absoloutely nothing else to say.

You know what I really hate? When your sitting in your stuffy, hellish classroom and a single question bobs into your head. It's been coming for a long time, bubbling and brewing quietly in the pit of your stomach, slowly taking over...Like a a nasty disease, eating away at your vital organs until there is nothing left.

What the hell am I doing here?

That's what I'm trying to work out. Day in, day out, I get up at seven o'clock in the morning, hop in the shower, get changed, dry my hair, do my make-up, skip breakfast and run outside to catch my mini-bus.

Oh and then there's the mini-bus.
My God.

A tiny little white thing that can barely be called a mini- bus it's that small. I mean, seriously. It's just a big car All the other fancy buses sneer down at it when we get to school in a "Your Not Even A Bus" sort of a way. And the freakin' radio on the bus! I offically hate local radio. Both Capital FM and Forth One bring me to tears whenever I hear them. My ears are practically bleeding I've got my iPod up so loud. Oh and of course, all the irritating First Years (we were NEVER that annoying, where we?) feel the need to sing-along to the same Rihanna song they play EVERY DAY.

And then school. If you can call it that. I was actually watching this TV programme recently about Exotic Pets in America, and I had to do a double take when it pictured a Chimp Zoo. High School...Zoo...High School...Zoo...The comparisons were outstanding. Everybody yowling and screaming a the top of their voices; beetroot-faced and teary-eyed keepers - oh, I'm sorry, I mean teachers - desperately trying to keep the peace (and failing brilliantly, might I add).

I'm so frickin' SICK OF IT. Why can't everybody just try for once? I scraped through my English Test the other day, have straight-out failed my General Biology Test, and am going to turn into a blubbering wreck if I have to take on this Maths Prelim any time soon... I thought I was good at English? No. Clearly not. I can't concentrate thanks to the idiot of a teacher who rambles on about football and Romans for the entire period. WHAT THE HELL?

And more on the Biology Test. In the two days leading up to the test, my teacher decided to give us revision periods. Great, thought I, until he started a "Self Defence Class" in the middle of the room - showing us all how to break one anothers knee caps. Just what our school needs: more violence! Oh and the next "revision period" day, some girl JOKINGLY betted the teacher he couldn't run around the running track without stopping, and of course we had to trudge out in the wet and cold and watch a fifty-something-year-old almost have a heart attack in the middle of the race. And then when the test finally came around? Of course, he felt the need to blast some crappy folksongs down his speakers on Youtube, along with a few human rights activist videos and one or two story time reads. Needless to say, I muddled up my nitrites and my nitrates and couldn't concentrate on the stupid food chain.

QUE MISERABLE FAIL.

Ugh. I'm sick of this school. I'm sick of having writer's block. And most of all, I'm sick of working so hard and not getting anything to show for it at the end of the day.

Love,
A Surprisingly Enraged but Frankly Refreshed Sarah xxx

p.s. I'll try and cheer up for next time, promise...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Our lives are identical! :D I had to watch that vid on exotic pets too, and I feel he same way 'bout 1st Years :P The way they're scared of everything, then they get arrogant and think they're better than everyone because they know x+x=x2...AHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly. EXACTLY. why cant some people just bloody TRY FOR ONCE?????????? honestly, they have absolutely NO need to muck around and spoil the entire lesson for everyone. and then if you're the only one whos trying to do well, its suddenly YOU that the freak here??? disgraceful.
    great post, you said a lot of things that are ABSOLUTELY TRUE. Rose ~<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! finally, people who agree! glad it's not just me:L...<3

    ReplyDelete